So here Is a bit of a step by step guide in how (if you would preserve a bus) of how to Fix a roof Dome perfectly shown to us by our very own grease monkey Chris who is a trained mechanic.
- Clean the area- this should get rid of any tape, debris etc which has built up over the years.
- Drill out the old Rivets- These held the dome together
- Clean again but definitely get rid of any moisture.
- What does a dome do? Keeps Water Out but lets Air In.
- We then need to fit the dome- Put the Inner Dome in first and rivet tightly in otherwise it will let Not just air but moisture or water also.
- Check this by pulling- if it moves screw tighter.
- Fit the outer Dome- Just simple rivets.
This is your step by step guide in how to Fix a roof and make sure that no water gets in again.